Serving the Housing Needs of our Community
Having high quality affordable housing is an essential ingredient to economic success for our community. That’s why Wilton Development Corporation, The City of Wilton and Rural Housing 360 teamed up to offer our citizens the opportunity for homeownership. Rural Housing 360 is a program designed to offer sustainable workforce housing solutions for our employees and employers. WDC provides the lot, the city waives the fees, we utilize local subcontractors, and financial partners to provide $0 Down/$0 Closing on home loans for high performance housing.
These quality and high efficiency homes are categorized as Modular Homes. However, they are stick built homes built in a controlled environment that alleviates all the shortcomings of a site built home (weather etc). They are built stronger than a conventional stick built homes because they have to be transported and lifted by a crane. The homes come with the interior painted and floor covering installed, as well as window treatments and appliances. They are set on a poured basement foundation that is plumbed for an additional bathroom and includes egress window for an additional bedroom.
Click on www.ruralhousing360.com for more information.
Also click on this link to get the brochure you can print out for your employees
Virtual Career Fair With our Businesses and Industries for Wilton, Durant and West Liberty High Schools Students
Good News! Because we are unable to host an in-person career fair this year, we still want to be able to continue engaging students with career exploration experiences. As a result, we are going to host, along with Eastern Iowa Community College, a virtual career fair for high school students from Wilton, Durant and West Liberty Schools.
We want and encourage you all to participate in this event! What we will need from you is a 3 to 5 minute video and any items you may have for the goody bag (students will only get the goody bag if they participate).
We will need your video by Friday, February 26. You can upload your video to the following link:
Here are helpful hints you may use while putting together you video:
- 3-5 min overview of position
- Purpose: To educate students on available positions and fields, locally.
- Things to keep in mind when filming:
- What are students wanting in a career?
- What do students know the position as (perhaps a different name)?
- Can do overview of field & personal experience in the position
- Are their unique benefits that would entice the student?
Individual should start with their name, position, and business, followed by their education.
- How do you get into this line of work?
- What do you enjoy about it?
- What’s not so great about it?
- What kinds of people do well in this industry?
- What didn’t you know before you got into this industry that you wish someone had told you?
- Advice for someone interested in going into this industry?
Then mention open positions, or what you may be hiring for in the future. Do you offer part-time, full-time, summer employment? Apprenticeships?
*Items for the goody bags can be dropped off at the WDC, Chamber or Advocate News offices any time within the next two weeks.
We look forward to hearing from you!