The Wilton Chamber of Commerce is hosting a weekly farmers market.
Every Thursday 4:30 P.M. - 7 P.M, May 31st - September 1st.
At Elder Park in historic Downtown Wilton! On the corner of Maurer and Railroad Streets.
Rules & Regulations
Hours: 4:30 - 7 p.m. each Thursday from May 31-Sept. 13. Rain or Shine - no refunds. Location: Elder Park, 201-241 N Railroad St., Wilton, IA 52778 Contact: Eva Belitz at 563-732-2330 or Layce DeLong at 563-732-2029
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE APPROVED FOR SALE AND DO NOT REQUIRE A LICENSE:
- Fresh Fruits and Vegetables.
- Baked Goods: Breads, cakes doughnuts, pastries, buns, rolls, cookies, biscuits and pies. Foods must be completely wrapped, covered, bagged or boxed and labeled with the name of food and preparer. Foods containing allergens must be declared on a label or place card.
- Dried/Dehydrated Fruits and Veggies plus dry ingredients in a container if shelf-stable and non- hazardous.
- Meats and Poultry: Vendor is responsible for monitoring and maintaining proper temperatures according to health codes.
- Arts & Crafts.
ADDITIONAL ITEMS NEEDED
- Proof of insurance is required. Vendors and their products are NOT covered by the market’s insurance policy.
- You must furnish your own equipment.
- You are responsible for your sales tax and any permits you may need.
- Vendors will be required to follow the regulations that apply to their particular vending items.
- Each vendor will be responsible for the complete cleanup of litter in and around their spaces.
THE FOLLOWING MAY NOT BE SOLD AT THE FARMERS MARKET WITHOUT APPROPRIATE LICENSING FROM LOCAL, STATE OR FEDERAL AUTHORITIES
- Potentially hazardous food products.
- With the sole exception of jams and jellies, no “home style” canned goods can be sold at farmer’s markets, since the food in hermetically sealed container shall be obtained from a licensed food processing plant. (Section 3-201.12 of the Food Code which has been adopted by Section 137F.2 of the Code of Iowa.)
- Wild Morel Mushrooms.
- Alcoholic Beverages.
WE WILL ALSO NOT ACCEPT
- Items containing violent, defamatory, profane, obscene or sexually explicit language or pictures.
- NO SMOKING, ALCOHOL or DRUGS permitted.
- With the exception of service animals, no pets are allowed in city parks.
THESE RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE RULES CAN RESULT IN THE IMMEDIATE TERMINATION AS A MARKET VENDOR WITHOUT REFUND.
The Iowa Dept. of Inspections and Appeals controls and regulates items that may be offered for sale at farmers markets. Information may be obtained at http://www.iowaagriculture.gov/horticultureandFarmersMarket.asp or by calling 515-281-6538.