We started off 2023 in fine form at the Wilton Chamber & Development Alliance Annual Membership Luncheon on January 18.
- We thanked outgoing Chamber Board members: Matt Harris, Missy Dayfahl, Steph Maine, Sakir Alimoski, Sue O’Donnell, Carla Graves, Lizabeth Maurer, Layce DeLong and Wilton Development Board Members: Doug Holiday, Jeremy Lies, Eric Vela.
- We thanked all volunteers who helped & supported us throughout the year’s activities and events.
- We welcomed new businesses Axe & Oak Whiskey House and Cedar Closet and highlighted the businesses who received grants for building improvements.
- We talked about the old Chamber office turning into a retail space for Niche Etc., who wanted more space for additional vendors, and they also are working with WHS’s business class who will develop a business/marketing plan for them.
- We awarded Chandler Pointe Apartments for a New Building.
- The City of Wilton and Wilton Municipal received an Award for “Outstanding Businesses of the Year”.
- Keith Stanley, Ted Marolf, Cindy Tietz and Becky Hansen received Outstanding Volunteer Awards.
- We welcomed the 2023 Wilton Chamber & Development Alliance Board of Directors: Jeff Horne, President, Scott Vieten, Vice President, Julie Sprague, Past President, Keith Stanley, Todd Johnson, Don Roth, Mark Peterson, Lynn Ochiltree, Mark Knouse, Joe Burnett, Monika Verdinez, Nathan Mather, Steve Agne, Becky Brisker, Bill Vetter, Dennis Hanser, Ricardo Rodrigues.
Great Leadership from both the Chamber and Development brought us together and this was accomplished with the Leadership of Becky Brisker (Chamber President) and Julie Sprague (Development President). They each receive a gavel award, the last ones we’ll give out for two organizations.
Our area Legislators will be holding a Legislative Open Forum on Saturday, February 4, 2023, from 9:00 am – 10:00 am at the Wilton Community Room – 104 E. 4th St.
This meeting will have our Senator Mark Lofgren and Representatives Bobby Kaufmann, Kerry Gruenhagen, Taylor Collins and Mark Cisneros, on hand to answer and discuss current issues before both the House and the Senate.
The Forum is open to the public, and all interested persons are invited and encouraged to attend. These Legislators take time out of their schedules to attend these community forums. Let your attendance show your appreciation as you take this opportunity to learn of the current legislative issues.
This & That
- United Methodist Church of Wilton is doing a major renovation to their sanctuary and interior spaces so they will be having their Sunday 10:15 am Worship Service at the Community Room at City Hall-104 E. 4th Street starting on January 22 until the work is completed.
- The Iowa Center for Economic Success, headquartered in Des Moines, now has an Eastern Iowa office located in Muscatine. This non-profit resource center for small business owners and entrepreneurs offers classes, workshops, one-on-one coaching, financing options and networking opportunities for all Iowans looking to start up or grow their businesses.
- The Retail Committee is meeting next week to put together a year’s worth of Retail Promotions and I will send you their list as soon as it is completed.
MARK YOUR 2023 CALENDAR WITH THESE EVENTS-----We will need a lot of volunteers for all of these events listed below so please let us know if you are willing to participate!
Mark your calendars for Friday, June 16, 2023, for the Wilton Chamber & Development’s Wilfundy Golf Outing at Wahkonsa Country Club. Erin DeLong and Keith Sanders have graciously agreed to Chair this fun event again this year. Please let them know if you want to volunteer for this event!
Founders Day 2023
Friday, August 18, Saturday, August 19, and Sunday, August 20 are down for the Founders Day weekend.
Muscatine County Freedom Rock Smorgasbord
Monday, September 4 (Labor Day) is slated for another Muscatine County Freedom Rock Smorgasbord.